Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point serial number

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I want to collect the serialnumbers of some AccessPoints (Cisco AIR-AP1120) and tried the "show version" command there. Result:

Part Number : ###########

PCA Assembly Number : ###########

PCA Revision Number : ###########

PCB Serial Number : ###########

Top Assembly Part Number : ###########

Top Assembly Serial Number : ###########

Top Revision Number : ##

Product/Model Number : ###########

There is no such thing as "System Serial Number", so which part is the serial number ?! Or should I use another command?

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is the Top Assembly Serial Number. The Serial number, such as S/N: VDF0636XXXX (11 alphanumeric digits) is located on the back of the AP. Take a look at one AP and verify that the Serial Number that is on the back matches one on the show version.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

I can confirm that it's the Top Assembly Serial Number. That really confused me the first time I looked it up via CLI.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is the Top Assembly Serial Number. The Serial number, such as S/N: VDF0636XXXX (11 alphanumeric digits) is located on the back of the AP. Take a look at one AP and verify that the Serial Number that is on the back matches one on the show version.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I can confirm that it's the Top Assembly Serial Number. That really confused me the first time I looked it up via CLI.

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the submission guys. I can continue my work.

Cheers.

Michael

Giorgos_Mama
Level 1
Level 1

A bit late but for guys still having the question you can run the command "show ap inventory all" in airos wlcs

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card