cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME 1832i and 3702i AP

Stanley2020
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1832i running ME version 8.5.131.  I also have two 3702i APs that are joined and broadcasting the SSID.  I have two issues. 

1. The LEDs on the 3702i are cycling through Red, Green, Off.  I know that Green, Red, Off means that the AP is looking for a controller.  And Green, Red, Amber, Off means low power.  These 3702i APs are not blinking in that sequence.
  2. I cannot change the channel width of the 3702i.  I get a message that I am unable to change the channel width. I can change the 1832i channel width.

The APs are connected to a Meraki MS220 switch, that is currently showing the PoE usage at ~6.3w (advertising 30w AT) for each port.

I would like to get the LEDs in a steady state and also be able to adjust the channel width.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Scott for the reply.

I did some more searching and I have the UX APs.  These needed to be provisioned to obtain their Country Code.  An unprovisioned UX AP will blink Red-Green-Off.  After a little bit of struggling with the App, the APs got configured.  My Samsung Note9 does not even show the App in Google Play Store.  My Samsung Galaxy Tablet has the app, but kept giving me errors, when I try to provision the AP.  I ended up using my daughters iPhone. 

The APs are now configured for their Country Code.  I can now change the channel width of the 3702i APs. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Don’t worry about the MS220 for now. I have two in my home lab and other AP’s that have no issues even when the PoE shows lower than what a Cisco switch would show.
Did you update the 3702’s with the mobility express software? The aps need that to join a ME master ap.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You can also provide the console output and more detail of the 3702, that would help.
-Scott

One thin I also noticed with some of my AP’s (4892, 9120, 9130) connected to the MS220 is that it at time also fails to join. My fix is to bounce the ports a few times or factory default the ap using the mode button. You just need to hold the mode button while you power up the ap for 20+ seconds until the led turns red.
-Scott

Thank you Scott for the reply.

I did some more searching and I have the UX APs.  These needed to be provisioned to obtain their Country Code.  An unprovisioned UX AP will blink Red-Green-Off.  After a little bit of struggling with the App, the APs got configured.  My Samsung Note9 does not even show the App in Google Play Store.  My Samsung Galaxy Tablet has the app, but kept giving me errors, when I try to provision the AP.  I ended up using my daughters iPhone. 

The APs are now configured for their Country Code.  I can now change the channel width of the 3702i APs. 

Yeah that is good. I think they stopped supporting the app as they stopped production of the UX access points.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card