cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web authentication - WLC 5508 (admin - admin)

denverelway
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have an infrastructure with a Cisco wireless lan controller 5508 and on an SSID we use a web authentication for guest user. We observed that some users managed to connect with username: admin and password: admin. We did'nt create any admin user on the controller. So we believe it is the default admin user on the controller that is used. Is there a way to delete this admin user? If not what is the best way to eliminate the possibility that people use this username and password?

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no default admin/admin username/password. Look at you radius server and verifiy that it is not granting the user admin on the network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using an acndhor WLC and did you make sure its not either on the Local Management Users or Under the Local Net Users?  If you have radius defined on the WLC, maybe it is defaulting to the radius and you have admin/admin tied to AD.

-Scott

There is no admin user under Local Management Users or under the Local Net Users. There is a radius defined on the WLC but there is no admin/admin tied to AD. The only admin/admin combinatation that i see it's the default WLC username. This admin user isn't viewable under Local Management users but i'm able to log into my WLC with this credential (read only)

There is no default admin/admin username/password. Look at you radius server and verifiy that it is not granting the user admin on the network.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card