Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM 1.5.3 Client Error - "Can't get hostname for your address"

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, 

Have a bit of an issue and wanted to see if it had been seen/addressed by anyone before I open a TAC case. 

Came in this morning and on several client machines (not all) when we try to log into the CPAM 1.5.3 client, after entering password in it hangs for a bit and then pops up an error msg saying... Communication link failure, message from server "Can't get hostname for your address".

I have tried many things but it still will not allow a successful login. 

Any ideas?

-Nick

2 Replies 2

David Shepherd
Level 1
Level 1

My first guess would be a DNS issue, what happens if you try and ping the CPAM server's hostname? When logging into CPAM we generally use the CPAM server IP address rather than its hostname.

how can I get the host name?  how can I check DNS setting if the CPAM server doesn't allow me to see any thing unless I configure pruning and archiving setting ?

I am sorry, I am not expert in CPAM server, recently this task assigned to me, and trying to solve the issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: