cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM integration with alarm system

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer interested in whether or not CPAM will integrate with their alarm system. Maybe through RS-232?

"For security panels we normally use GE Networx and could also use Elk M1."

Will the CPAM accept an intelligent input from these systems to alert on an event in a specific area controlled by the alarm system?

Thanks for the help.

6 Replies 6

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Networx line of alarm systems, but from their web page I see the following description for a NX-8E:

The NetworX NX-8E is a full-featured security system that uses advanced technology for burglary, fire and environmental detection. This is a flexible security system that is both easy to install and simple to use. With eight partitions and expandable up to 192 zones, it can handle your most demanding commercial and residential security needs. This panel comes standard with eight hardwire zone inputs and two relays. Four programmable outputs can be set up to activate external devices during an alarm or other system event.

Just brainstorming a bit here..

If your model also includes programmable outputs, you should be able to wire an output from the NetworX to the input of a CPAM gateway.  You could then create a 'phantom door' that only includes one input, a duress sensor (NC or NO depending on if the output of your NetworX system sends a high or low signal when triggered.)  That way the gateway would see a duress sensor activate when the NetworX programmable output triggered.

I hope my thoughts at least gave you some ideas...

Jim

Thanks Jim.

On this implementation the customer is looking to connect the security system directly to CPAM. They are a software developer by trade and asked what type of inputs the CPAM server has and if there are open APIs they could write to.

If there are then I am confident we have a fit for what they are asking.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks again for the help and the forum.

The API that comes to mind is the EDI interface.  We have some documentation for that here.

There is also the ability to have CPAM initiate an outgoping URLs on certain events from earlier in the same chapter.

As far as incoming information goes, it sounds like you are trying to replace the CPAM gateways as input devices.  Is that correct?

Hi Gerald,

What I am trying to do is integrate the CPAM server with the customer's alarm system. This particular deployment is high-end residential. They have a main house that is very large but they plan to use the Alarm system as the interface with window contacts, motion sensor and glass-break sensors. What I am hoping for is some way to integrate them beyond just using an input on the gateway.

If this is possible then the customer (a home automation software developer) could write some custom APIs to enable the CPAM to know where an event occurred in the house.

Hopefully this makes sense. The reason we are using CPAM and VSOM for this property is the homeowner has it in their office and wants the same system in their home.

I am happy to talk about it offline as well. I know this is a bit of an outlier for CPAM.

Michael

Michael,

I don't know if this is too late to answer, but CPAM has a license (web services) to activate the API.  Once you install the license, the system has the ability to activate full access to the API.

Here is a PDF download of the API Reference Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/access_control/api/web_services/1_3_0/cpam_wsdl.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks Brian,

I will send the doc to the interested parties. Would have been bettter if I had quoted this license on the original order.

CIAC-PAME-WSAPI=Cisco PAM Web Services API LicenseS$3,000.00

Ouch.