cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPC 2500 series Camera issue

melissaadams17
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues with 1 camera not switching back into day mode.  When I look at it in the morning, it is still in black and white even though all lights are on and it is light outside.  I have to go in and force it into day mode, then switch it back to Auto.  Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.  The camera is back in a corner, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it also.  I haven't noticed any problems with this camera until the past 2 days.

Thanks,

Melissa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Melissa,

Is the camera in an enclosure or is it just mounted? You mentioned that it is back in a corner assuming that it is not near a light source that will force the camera to detect the change in light. I have many cameras that are of the smoke dome types that I either have to adjust just a hair to capture more of the outside light to force the switchover without degregating the video quality... this can be the same case in an enclosure sometimes.

Another thing to try is to adjust the brighness lvl a bit in the video settings a step or two... this has helped in stairwell situations for me as well.

The trick is, is to be able to have the light trip the  CCD sensor into flipping the camera back into day mode.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Melissa,

Is the camera in an enclosure or is it just mounted? You mentioned that it is back in a corner assuming that it is not near a light source that will force the camera to detect the change in light. I have many cameras that are of the smoke dome types that I either have to adjust just a hair to capture more of the outside light to force the switchover without degregating the video quality... this can be the same case in an enclosure sometimes.

Another thing to try is to adjust the brighness lvl a bit in the video settings a step or two... this has helped in stairwell situations for me as well.

The trick is, is to be able to have the light trip the  CCD sensor into flipping the camera back into day mode.

Thanks Nicholas - I did mess around with threshholds a little bit.  It ended up that the customer had me force the camera to daylight and then they are making sure lights stay on 24/7 in those lobby areas.

Melissa

You are very welcome. And you are correct, in the end just sticking with daylight function is a safe bet as well .