cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is VSM7x an upgrade for VSM6x or a new install?

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the news of VSM 7x awhile back, as well as the Cisco downloads; but in reading the release notes i feel this is not the normal upgrade, any experienced opinions about migration from VSM 6x to 7x, is it even using the same server hardware?

4 Replies 4

Holly Goguen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not a normal upgrade.  From the release notes:

Migrating from VSM 6.3.2

You can migrate from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7.0. Because of the many new features and capabilities of VSM 7.0, an automatic upgrade from 6.3.2 is not possible. Migration from 6.3.2 to VSM 7.0 is supported through trained partners and Cisco Services. Contact your Cisco representative for additional information about the migration process and availability.

It's either a new install, or a migration.  Your cisco account team would help you get set up with a migration path.

Um, thanks for the quote Holly, but what does Cisco mean by "supported through trained partners" (which i'm one)?  Are you saying we must pay for and attend a training for this?

I honeslty don't know if there is a cost associated 

Your accout folks would know that.

But, it's not a regular upgrade at all.  So there would be Cisco involvement for , at least, the first one (or couple) that you do

As it seems possible to migrate from your comments, has Cisco updated the OS or hardware as well?  What OS are we installing on now?  Is there any loss of configs??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: