cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Motion Detection Troubleshooting

jcabsher3
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed a new 2521V camera with 2.1.7 firmware.  Running VSOM 6.3.1.  I have a daily archive recording from 7:45a.m. - 12:30 a.m.  Have motion detection event setup for 12:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.  I had motion in the area this morning but no motion archive on server.  Looked at the log in the camera and can see two motion detection events that were triggered, one @ 5:13 am and the other @ 7:44 am.  Trying to figure out why this didn't get archived.

Is there a log that shows when the motion detection events come into the server?  The camera looks to be setup correctly since the camera log shows the event.  I am wondering if the VSOM event didn't get enabled.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, and thank you for using the Cisco Support Community.

If I understand your issue fully, you noted motion triggers in a 2521V camera log, but the archive footage was not retained in a motion archive on the VSMS server, so are looking for a way to see when the trigger arrived on the VSOM server.

Navigate to the VSOM Admin page.  Under System > Events there exists a link for displaying Triggered Events.  If the VSOM server received a motion trigger, it would be recorded in that event log.

I hope that helps,

Jim