cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound traffic on Firepower 101

BCS-Tech
Level 1
Level 1

I have a FPM 1010 and using FDM to program it.

I am setting up an internal email server for a customer.  I can connect to it using telnet to port 25 from my office 99.28.XXX.XXX using the natted public IP address 100.100.XXX.XXX to internal 192.168.10.7

But I cannot connect the other way.  I have outbound email stuck in the queue because the email server at 192.168.00.7 cannot make a port 25 connection outbound.  When I use telnet from the email server at 192.168.100.7 to connect to my email server at my office at 99.28.XXX.XXX, the connection fails.  

I have done this numerous times using the ASA 5506 and never had an issue, but this is my first FPM 1010.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TheGoob
Level 4
Level 4

Could it be your ISP is blocking Port 25 SMTP? Mine is blocked and had to change to 587 and it worked fine but prior to that, it also had all of my outbound emails in que. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I think you need smtp insecpt in fw to allow traffic.

TheGoob
Level 4
Level 4

Could it be your ISP is blocking Port 25 SMTP? Mine is blocked and had to change to 587 and it worked fine but prior to that, it also had all of my outbound emails in que. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For testing, you can do a quick way  and test it

>configure inspection esmtp disable

Note : you mentioned you did this on ASA , have you disabled this before on ASA, has this migrated to FTD ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: