cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 4500 camera from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1 failed

cscudder
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone come accross this issue when upgrading to new code that from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1

Trying to upgrade a 4500 camera but every time I go to upgrade the firmware I get an error message… Active X initialization failed

I used two other PC’s and same result.  The other 4500 camera had no issues when upgrading.

2 Replies 2

cscudder
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I just got off the phone with TAC...

There is a known bug for the 4500 camera when upgrading to a new firmware.  Here is how to resolve the issue.

BUG Case#: CSCth93557    ActiveX initialization failure when upgrading firmware on HD IP cameras

To address the issue, add the camera url http://192.168.0.100(I rest the camera to out of box IP address) as a trusted site under your IE Tools ->Internet Options ->Security ->Local Intranet.  After performing this you will now be able to perform the firmware upgrade to release 1.2.1

TAC engineer who helped me : Antonios Dakopoulos

This will resolve the issue...

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it will fail to upgrade the firmware if done via the HD camera's GUI, the only work-around i know it to use the VSM 6.3.1 Console Manager to do the firmware upgrade(s), which work fine... Let us know if this helps.