cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with opening up port 80 for Raspberry Pi on single address

rdk_cisco1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV325 dual WAN unit which is working fine.  I recently built a test webserver on one of my Raspberry Pi computers which in using 10.0.1.92.  I can access that web server from my laptop on the RV325 network by going to that address so I know it is working.

The router has two WAN sources: WAN1 is a 4g modem/router and WAN2 is an ADSL modem/router. I have other ports open for access, for example Remote DeskTop, which are working.  Below is a section of the firewall rules:

WebPort80Web.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I did differently for the Remote Desktop rule?  That rule works fine when I access WAN2 with the external address for the ADSL modem/router.  The Cisco WAN2 address is the DMZ address for the ADSL.

Can anyone offer some help or ideas? Thanks RDKCisco1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply.  I had checked the logs and there was never any reference to that port or rule.  However, it has been a long time since I configured this RV325 router and I had forgotten that I had to configure a forwarding rule as well as the firewall access rule.  When I added that it now works as expected. 

Just another "user error"....RDK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs , for intended connection , lookup possible failure reasons for those not working.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your reply.  I had checked the logs and there was never any reference to that port or rule.  However, it has been a long time since I configured this RV325 router and I had forgotten that I had to configure a forwarding rule as well as the firewall access rule.  When I added that it now works as expected. 

Just another "user error"....RDK