Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 VPN Connects, No network connectivity

sleepinfire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am working with a Linksys RV016 VPN router v3.0.2.01-tm, I have been unable to get a client to work with this device. My first attempt was with the QVPN client, after sever hours working on the issue I was not able to get past the "Verifying Network", so I decided to setup an IPsec tunnel. I have been able to get the tunnel to connect and both ends of the connection show that its up. The issue I am having is that I am unable to pass any traffic through the tunnel. I have tried taking down the firewall on both ends, also either or end. I have made sure that ESP is allowed for the connection from the ISP, comcast at the gateway and verizon on the client end. The current client I am using is The Green Bow, v 5.5. I have included screen shots of the configuration on both ends of the tunnel as well as the connection logs and disconnect logs. I am stumped here, any advice would be greatly apprechated. I am learning this as I go, so the more detail on what it takes to fix it and why is most appreachated. Thanks everyone!!!

I removed the cisco config mode and updated the screen shot.

I also changed the local group security to subnet from ranged.

Still having the same issue.

This is the RV016 Tunnel config

GT1 Config.png

This is the RV016 VPN Connecting log

RV016 GT1 Connect Log.PNG

This is the RV016 VPN Disconnect Log

RV016 GT1 Disconnect Log.PNG

This is the Client (TheGreenBow) configuration

GT1 Client Config.png

This is the Client (TheGreenBow) Connect log

TGB Connect Log.PNG

This is the Client (TheGreenBow) Disconnect log

TGB Disconnect log.PNG

Message was edited by: Robert Seaman

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Robert,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Center.

I suggest you to first uncheck the "Keep alive" on the Linksys and try again,

If no success then uncheck Dead Peer Detection (DPD) on TheGreenBow configuration. This feature can be used only when it is enabled on both ends of the VPN tunnel and I do not see it on the Linksys.

If still the same then uncheck on both Perfect Forward Secrecy: If the Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) feature

is enabled, IKE Phase 2 negotiation will generate new key material for IP traffic encryption and authentication.

If still nothing then; try changing the advanced IKE setting  "Aggressive mode" by unchecking it so that makes it "Main Mode" IKE negotiation.

Please let me know if anything comes up and/or if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

The quickest way I've found to get client-gateway VPN access working is to just use the PPTP server versus any QuickVPN/IPSec solution.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com