cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G bottlenecking on 250MB service.

dlcoleman
Level 1
Level 1

I have  RV042G with firmware v4.2.2.08 (Apr 26 2013 19:12:26). We recently had our ISP remove the 8x T1 service and install a 250MB fiber service. After the installation, when directly connected to their equipment, a speedtest is ran and 250MB speeds are accomplished. When I connected their equipment to our equipment (RV042G), we see 150MB speeds and we tested this directly off a LAN port, same cable and laptop. I have reset the RV042G to default settings, as we had lots of bandwidth configurations to try and manage the T1 service.

Is there something I need to change in our equipment (RV042G) to get the ISP provided speeds of 250MB?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlcoleman
Level 1
Level 1

Hold up Peoples of Cisco. I updated the firmware to the latest available and the speeds delivered by the ISP are the speeds we are getting inside our network.

Thank you for viewing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dlcoleman
Level 1
Level 1

Hold up Peoples of Cisco. I updated the firmware to the latest available and the speeds delivered by the ISP are the speeds we are getting inside our network.

Thank you for viewing.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should get more than that  as per the below test (worth updating firmware and test - if that is not the latest firmware)

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/archives/lanwan/lanwan-reviews/31826-cisco-rv042g-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router-reviewed?start=1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji.bandi,

Thank you for the reply and helpful website to look at my configurations. Once I updated the firmware, the speeds delivered by the ISP are the speeds I am able to achieve when looking outward to the intertubes. Internally, I am able to get much faster speeds but that was never the issue.

Thank you for your response

Glad all good , thank you for the feedback.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help