Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G - Port Forwarding

dannroovaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Suppor Team,

I have been trying to configure Port Forwarding in RV042G but I have not success, I need to access from outside of my LAN to one server (Windows Remote Desktop), previously I have a Linksys E2500 were I configured as Image: ''port fw'' IP 192.168.1.54 for remote desktop using external port 4545 and internal port 3389, so when I change this router to my  RV042G I didn't find the external port config., if this is configurable can anybody tell me how?,

In second term, I enable 192.168.1.54 to be DMZ Host so we can access temporarily from the outside, but now I can't delete it, is there a kind of bug in this section or am I missing something?

Hope someone can clarify this,

Regards,

Adrian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes the port translation is kind of hidden.  You need to use the Upnp

Setup - Upnp

Add a service and you will be able to assign a external port and then then internal port.  Apply this service to a Upnp rule to the IP address of the inside server.

Also, by default the DMZ host setting is 192.168.1.0.   Just set this IP in the DMZ and it will remove the server IP

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes the port translation is kind of hidden.  You need to use the Upnp

Setup - Upnp

Add a service and you will be able to assign a external port and then then internal port.  Apply this service to a Upnp rule to the IP address of the inside server.

Also, by default the DMZ host setting is 192.168.1.0.   Just set this IP in the DMZ and it will remove the server IP

Best Regards,

Mike

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your feedback, now I can Forward all my services!

Also I have set 192.168.1.0 as default DMZ host,

Kindly Regards!,

Adrian