Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Lastest firmware update

joefayez77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have updated the RV325 from the 1.3 firmware to RV32X_v1.5.1.05_20191001-code, I reset the router to default before the update and I tried to restart it multiple times

Now I cannot access the router through the 192.168.1.1, I got the below picture. So what can I do?

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.16.1
18 Replies 18

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn off the Device for some time, Power it back. Since you reset to Factory default i will take couple of minutes to load all the settings.

then try the same procedure that you mentioned to access the webpage.

still, issue load the firmware again the fix the issue as per below steps :

1. Power off the device

2. Hold down the reset button and power on the device. Make sure you continue to hold down the reset button for at least 10 seconds or until the DIAG LED lights solid red.

3. Now connect your PC to the LAN1 port of the device.

4. Configure your PC to have a static IP address of 192.168.1.100

5. Now you may upload the firmware to the device with Windows TFTP tools. To enable the Windows TFTP client to navigate to "Turn Windows features on or off" in the control panel and check the checkbox for TFTP Client.

For example, you may open up the command prompt and enter the command:

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put RV32X_v1.2.1.13_20150504-code.bin

6. After you enter this command, the device should reboot itself and firmware should be installed

You can find the latest firmware for download here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv325-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have tried all those steps. I pushed the firmware twice through the TFTP. everytime it went through successfully. but still, I cannot access the 192.168.1.1. gave me the same 502 error message

if you stuck the same place after reset and firmware upload.

suggest opening a TAC case with SMB support.

BB

Hello,

Is it free to open this ticket??... Do you have the link to the ticket entry??

I dont have one??... What shall I do now while my router is vulnerable for hackers and I need to update it?

I can understand your intention to upgrade to the latest be a secure network.

Suggest to load your known good version via TFTP - see that fix the issue.

Think in general view - like any other product cisco also a product it required support contract to support your device

if you are not able to fix the issue, the cisco tac helps you to fix it if you have a contract .

I have provided the best of the possible way to fix your kit to bring online, so you can have the internet.

But looks like something is broken while the upgrade process or reset process taking in place.

BB

I'm trying to upgrade mine too but i cant download any version of rv32x firmware, i select the file from cisco support website and nothing happens.

JOHNCHERRY19837
Level 1
Level 1

Joe,

Just checking to see if you found a resolution to this issue.  I recently purchased the RV325 and had issues with the bad certificate on the router login page.  After resetting to the factory defaults, I upgraded the firmware to 1.5.1.05 and now when I go to the login page, I get the 502 bad gateway message like yourself.  Hope someone finds this and gives a solution.  I have already purchased another router, and I think this one is going back to Amazon with a bad review!

John

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Here might be an elementary question. Does your Router still sit on the network? if so, isolete it, and then try the steps again. I want to see if there's a network issue impeding this process.

Glenn,

I will disconnect the WAN tonight and see if that changes things.  We need internet today for work.  

John

Still getting the “502 bad gateway” on all browsers at the router login URL.  If I clear the cookies, I can get back to the page warning of a non-secure site, which then goes to 502 msg again every time thereafter.  

As a homeowner using this router to connect to my ISP, should I have to generate a SSL certificate just to access the router via my LAN at home?  Is my ISP causing this certificate issue possibly?  

I have disconnected the router from the ISP network box and the bad gateway message remains.  I have performed a factory reset (10 sec) and cleared all cookies from Chrome.  Still receiving bad gateway message.  Again, this is with Ethernet cable from PC to LAN 1 with no other connections made to the router.  I then reset router for 30 sec (read somewhere this might be actually reset certificate), cleared all cookies and still “502 Bad Gateway.”  Help please.  Why does Cisco not ship this router with it’s own certificate for the router GUI?!

I figured out a solution!  If you are receiving the 502 bad gateway message and unable to reach the router GUI at 192.168.1.1, you have to flash the firmware.  A factory reset will not get you back in to the router.  The only way I could accomplish this was to use TFTP program http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Follow the instructions posted here the for a Netgear firmware flash.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

The key is to "PUT" the bin file onto the router while it is booting.  It is different for the Cisco router, so read this on how to get it into the boot loader phase.

https://www.paladin.technology/tech/73-cisco-rv325-firmware-update-via-tftp.html

Make sure the server interface is set to the static IP you set earlier and not another IP.  The PWR LED should be blinking green and the DIAG will be solid red.  Click on PUT and you should see the status bar filling up.  Voila!  

Now if the certificate is bad, like mine was, you can fix that too!  You should be able to log in to the GUI at 192.168.1.1 using cisco/cisco.  Under System Management, there is a Factory Default option.  There you can reset the router to Factory Default including Certificates.  That will restore the router and remove any certificate issues.

Hope this helps.  It took me 2 days to track this method down and lots of help from this forum and the web.  Let me know if this solution worked for you.

John