cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1800 series router

TRACY HARTMANN
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1841  with a Wic/Hwic 0 DSU/CSU installed and working well.  However we added another Wic/Hwic 1 DSU/CSU into slot 1 and the 1841 is not seeing it.  If I do a show inventory it does not show.  Can I have two DSU/CSU in a 1800 series router?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you turned off the router when doing that ?

Tracy

The 1841 should support two DSU/CSU. If the second one is not showing up in show inventory then I would wonder what version of card it is and whether that version of card is supported only in some (newer) versions of IOS. Perhaps you could post details about the particular card and also the output of show version from the 1841?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The card is at a remote location but the box it came in said Hwic-1dsu-T1 and under the serial # is says (31P) V02 in the corner.  I am assuming it is a version 2 card.   The 1841 is running version 12.4 (3c) with c1841-advsecurityK9-M.   The router did have a 4 port Ethernet card in it before but we turn off the router and removed that card and installed this one.  There is another hwic T1 card already installed in the other slot.

The inventory only states the 1 serial card.

Thanks

Try updating IOS.

What is your WAN speed?

Tracy

I have found a link on the Cisco site about the Hwic-1dsu-T1 which says that the minimum code version to support this card are:

• 12.4(20T

• 12.4(23)

• 12.4(15)T

So if your 1841 is running 12.4 (3c)  then that is the reason the new card is not showing up. Your version of code does not support the new card. To support it you will need to upgrade the code on the 1841.

See this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/datasheet_c78-491363.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card