Views
Helpful
Replies

881 net flow questions

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

In a DMVPN implementation, I want to be able to create a report showing remote user bandwidth consumption of the headend interface by user's tunnel interface. In addition to configuring netflow on the headend, do I need to configure netflow on the remote routers? Or, would configuring netflow only to the headend be enough?

Also, is there a configuration needed on the router interface to tell Solarwinds how to interpret the flow - meaning, is there some setting I need to configure to make any Solarwinds report accurate? For instance, if the bandwidth utilization says 50%, I want that figure to actually be using 50% of the bandwidth on the interface. Hope that is clear.

Thanks, Pat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Network monitoring applications let you define the circuit maxium speed as you desire for reporting purposes.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the headend should be enough.

Once you start using the flow collector/analizer (each one can be different), it will be clear to you how they work.

Thanks for the response. Could you also address the second question referring to bandwidth. Is there a command on the remote or headend side that should be configured to allow for accurate reporting. Does the bandwith setting on a particular interface influence how SolarWinds will report bandwidth consumption?

Thanks, Pat.

Network monitoring applications let you define the circuit maxium speed as you desire for reporting purposes.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card