Views
Helpful
Replies

a ip prefix problem

yan.yong
Level 1
Level 1

hello every,

what's the different "ip prefix-list test permit 0.0.0.0/0 le 32" from "ip prefix test permit 0.0.0.0/0 ge 0".

I think they are same ,but their result is differet in lab.

there is a clue "If only the ge value is entered, the range is the value entered for the ge length argument to a full 32-bit length" in cisco doc12.3 , i can'nt understand.

thank all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

This is an interesting question. According to the Cisco doc., the mask value from 1 to 32, so if you use ge 0 in IP prefix-list. I don't know what is the effect. Could you please try to use 1 and test again ?

1 <= network/length < ge ge-length < le le-length <= 32

Moreover, there should be no "o" in the parameter, it was because the ge or le are the value equal or larger or lesser than the specified value. So, there is never starting from zero mark.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080454ced.html#wp1075035

Could you please show us the result you obtained in lab ? Sorry I have no lab to test it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

This is an interesting question. According to the Cisco doc., the mask value from 1 to 32, so if you use ge 0 in IP prefix-list. I don't know what is the effect. Could you please try to use 1 and test again ?

1 <= network/length < ge ge-length < le le-length <= 32

Moreover, there should be no "o" in the parameter, it was because the ge or le are the value equal or larger or lesser than the specified value. So, there is never starting from zero mark.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080454ced.html#wp1075035

Could you please show us the result you obtained in lab ? Sorry I have no lab to test it.

Hope this helps.

thank your advice a lot ,

i used the command "ip pre test per 0.0.0.0/0 ge 1",instead of "ip pre test per 0.0.0.0/0 ge 0" .

the first entry do same action as command "ip per test per 0.0.0.0/0 le 32".

i think that the "0.0.0.0/0" overlap with "ge 0" in bit 0,so perhaps some problem.

what do you think for that .

What I think if it is 0.0.0.0/0, it means it is a broadcast address, e.g. 255.255.255.255.

It is good that you fixed the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card