cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL error "Cannot place call, no dialer string set"

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have configured a lot of Cisco routers with ADSL but now I have one with this particular error and it keeps on the same after all the configs and IOS I have tried.

The error I have is:

Cannot place call, no dialer string set

But in ADSL I don't need to use a dialer string, any ideia is helpful...

Below are two of the configs I've tried and that work on other routers, the error debug and the "sh ver".

Disconnecting the line from the cisco and plug it to an Alcatel gives me instant access to the web via ADSL.

Thanks in advance,

RC

11 Replies 11

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

Try removing the dialer-list, and dialer-group statements. You don't need those commands for DSL.

Daniel

Thank's for the reply but it doesn´t work.

I have several CISCO routers working with ADSL and none gave me this kind of situation, did CISCO changed something in this new router or in the lastest IOS?

Regards,

RC

Enter a dialer string. It doesn't matter what number you use, because it won't "dial" anyway ...

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've already tried that and it keeps saying some error about the dialer string not being valid. I cannot try it right now, but it gives an error.

Regards,

RC

Hi,

With the no dialer-list and no dialer-group statements it gives the following error:

"outgoing uninteresting (no dialer-group defined)"

Regards,

RC

Have you tried adding "dialer persistant" on your dialer int already ?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have already tried that but the result is the same.

I'm really out of ideias...

RC

have you tried loading another ios version?

several IOS and the result is always the same.

RC

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

hi - did you ever get resolution on this? Have the same problem...

Hi, I just managed to go around the problem without solving it. I used a VPN client that somehow change the IP socket (or something like that) from the microsoft windows and everything runs smoothly.

If you need more help on this e-mail me at rcordeiro@wayofcom.pt

Regards,

Rui Cordeiro

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card