Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL PPPoE configuration

tarekesmail
Level 1
Level 1

ADSL PPPoE Static IP Problem

I have CISCO 1841 Router with ADSL WIC, i have configured the PPPoE information and get the internet on the router but the addresses is negotiated, but i have /29 IP Addresses for example

and the Gateway is : 188.99.99.99.14

I need this IPs to working on the router also i have dialer0 with auto negotiated IP address and i need the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 redirect to one of this static IPs, and i need to configure the static IPs in connected servers and the private IPs to computers

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the router get a negotiated address inside of your /29, or something completely different?

NO It's gives another ip in different range

Is the ISP routing your /29 to you via that IP address then?

I'm don't know but this IPs routing to my network and PPPoE, i have this subnet and gateway from the provider, also please note the provider support team don't have any knowledge about this mission or this task, also another note if i used any other small router like Linksys ADSL +2 Router the IPs working fine after changing the linksys IP to the gateway without any issue

Hi, Some days ago I have faced the same issue in the INDIA with BSNL service provider. After discussion with ISP, I have configured the router as below:

1. Configured Dial-up and get a normal IP from ISP.

2. Make a Look back interface and assigned an IP public IP to loopback. 

3. Added a default route toward to default gateway.

4. IP nat outside is added to lookback interface etc.

I will try to get a backup copy of that router and If will get then I will share the correct configuration with you. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card