cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350XM and NP108, can't configure DSP, how to?

Hi folks,

I have one AS5350XM with the following (taken from sh inventory):

* E1 8 PRI DFC

* NP108 VUFC

So far I have read from the cisco documentations, I should get configured DSP on the router with the command: "voice dsp slot/dsp slot/dsp" but whenever I try to put the command it shows error like it doesn't have DSP:

--------------------------------------------

HQ-RTR(config)#voice dsp ?
% Unrecognized command
HQ-RTR(config)#voice dsp

---------------------------------------------

I just killed my whole day to get it understand why it's not giving me privilege to configure. I am using IOS: c5350-js_ivs-mz.124-24.T.bin

To get more understand i am giving some necessary command outputs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HQ-RTR#sh inventory
NAME: "AS5350XM chassis", DESCR: "AS5350XM chassis"
PID: AS535XM-AC-PWR    , VID: V02, SN: XXXX

NAME: "SPE_1", DESCR: "NP108 VUFC, "
PID:                   , VID:    , SN: XXXX

NAME: "SPE_2", DESCR: "NP108 VUFC, "

NAME: "E1_3", DESCR: "E1 8 PRI DFC, HwVer#: 4.8"

HQ-RTR#sh voice dsp detailed

DSP  DSP                DSPWARE CURR  BOOT                         PAK     TX/RX
TYPE NUM CH CODEC       VERSION STATE STATE   RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABORT  PACK COUNT
==== === == ======== ========== ===== ======= === == ========= == ===== ============

HQ-RTR#

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need your help if I am missing something to configure anything, I am just stuck at this point on my CCIE study.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Bilashece,

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/as5350/software/configuration/guide/54bas2.html#wpxref24219

the command you would like to apply may be not available on this specific platform that is an access server.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: