Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300X-12Y - IPv4 Table-id not existing for tacacs sg VRF, config may

abc1235
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

I have a C9300X-12Y switch that I'd like to use as my distri switch. However, I get the following warning message but cannot find any explanation for it. Could anyone have an idea why this is happening. We are upgrading from WS-C3850-48P-E and this is not giving me any error message. I will appreciate your input. Thanks

R1(config-sg-tacacs+)# ip vrf forwarding Trial
IPv4 Table-id not existing for tacacs sg VRF, config may fail

3 Replies 3

are you config vrf Trail ?

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

A few questions:

1. What version is the C9300 running? Share a "show version"
  2. Is VRF "Trial" configured? Share a `show run | section vrf"

Have you tried the new style of configuration `vrf definition <VRF_NAME>` as opposed to the legacy style configuration of `ip vrf <VRF_NAME>`? I've seen this in newer versions of IOS XE as an order of operations issue when using the legacy syntax.

Hope that helps.

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

abc1235
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @MHM Cisco World. I just figured out that I needed to configure the ip vrf forwarding first. It now works perfectly, thanks. 

Hi @Andrea Testino, both commands work on the C9300 switch, just that the order of the configs brought that alert message. Thanks for the suggestion though, and I just wanted to say congrats on the CCIE. Nothing gives me more joy than seeing women excel in tech. More power to you, girl. I am on the road to a CCIE as well *fingers crossed*

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card