cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't reach internet from neighboring routers

MapleMagician
Level 1
Level 1

I am sure that I missing something simple in my understanding of how this works. I have connected my virtual CML lab to my network through the external connector. I am able to reach the internet from my edge router. However, for some reason I can not ping the gateway from any neighboring routers even though I have advertised the default route into OSPF.

I was experiencing this problem on a larger lab so I created a minimal one here to eliminate variables.

ryanbeaudry_0-1710777396519.pngryanbeaudry_1-1710777518233.pngryanbeaudry_2-1710777735675.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
apply the following and test again:

R1
int gig0/1
ip nat outside
int gig0/0
ip nat inside
access-list 1 permit 10.1.5.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 1 interface gig0/1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

you need to NAT traffic in R1 the NAT cloud know only the link between R1 and Cloud not beyond that 

MHM

Hello
apply the following and test again:

R1
int gig0/1
ip nat outside
int gig0/0
ip nat inside
access-list 1 permit 10.1.5.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 1 interface gig0/1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Nailed it. I guess I need to read up on NAT. I figured my ISP router was already doing that so I wouldn't have to. Thanks!

I will go to sleep sad today, I already mention that in first comment 
LOL... just kidding 
glad your issue solved 

Have a nice day and good lab

MHM 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card