cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3560 routing config

shados
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I've purchased a catalyst 3560 multilayer switch for myself and I'm trying to configure two things:

1. SSH 

2. VLAN

With SSH I'm able to get it up when creating any VLAN other than 1 but for VLAN 1 no matter what I do( assign an IP address, etc) I can never get it to work.

With VLAN, I can configure the VLAN 100 for int ra f0/1-12 and VLAN 200 for int ra f0/13-24 and then DHCP servers for both of them but the Mikrotik router my ISP has can never route anything back to me because the uplink interface is in a different subnet (192.168.91.0/24) and it seems as their Mikrotik have no idea how to route packets back.

In packet tracer, in order for this thing to work, I'd need to set up a static route for a router to know how to send packets back.

Does anyone know how else I can make this work?

Thank you.

Btw I don't have public IP address, my ISP give us out private IP.s and I'm just connecting my switch directly to the uplink that is connected to the mikrotik.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you are right. upstream router from ISP need to configure static route towards your networks to return traffic. or dynamic routing protocol such as ospf if possible to avoid changes every time you adding new network to inside networks.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

you are right. upstream router from ISP need to configure static route towards your networks to return traffic. or dynamic routing protocol such as ospf if possible to avoid changes every time you adding new network to inside networks.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hello,

it is unclear what your topology looks like. Do you have 'ip routing' enabled on the 3560 switch ? How is the Mikrotik involved here (is this a fictional ISP, since no real ISP is deploying Mikrotik routers) ?

Post a diagram of your topology, as well as the running config of the 3560 (sh run) and the Mikrotik (export file=config.txt).

Believe it or not my ISP use mikrotik. When I go to IP address of my default gateway I end up on the mikrotik login page. The post before yours solved my issue. Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card