cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1100

NotKnown12880
Level 1
Level 1

VIm trying on my desk to configure two Cisco C1117-4PM connected to eachother using the vdsl interface on a standard telephone cable.  Running 16.12.03 image.Routing

I've read the configuration  information regaring setup of these controller, but all documentation refers to connect to ISP DSLAM. 

I cannot get the interface up, Im starting to believe I have missed some information or these two units cannot initate DSL connection together. 

show controllers vdsL 0/2/0
Controller VDSL 0/2/0 is DOWN

Daemon Status: TRAINING

XTU-R (DS) XTU-C (US)
Chip Vendor ID: ' ' ' '
Chip Vendor Specific: 0x0000 0x0000
Chip Vendor Country: 0x0000 0x0000
Modem Vendor ID: ' ' ' '
Modem Vendor Specific: 0x0000 0x0000
Modem Vendor Country: 0x0000 0x0000
Serial Number Near:
Serial Number Far:
Modem Version Near:
Modem Version Far:

Modem Status: Line NOT intialized
DSL Config Mode: VDSL2
Trained Mode:

TC Mode: UNKNOWN
Selftest Result: 0x00
DELT configuration: enabled
DELT state: in progress

Failed full inits: 0
Short inits: 0
Failed short inits: 0

Modem FW Version:
Modem PHY Version:
Modem PHY Source: System

Training Log : Stopped
Training Log Filename : flash:vdsllog.bin

Please advise

\\tor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

what are you trying to do, connect two C1100 routers back to back using VDSL ? That won't work, you need a DSLAM in between. Which you don't have, that is why the documentation is referencing the ISP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whose is the provider and can you post fill configuration to look, some provider look vlan tagging.

EDIT

@Georg Pauwen  - i was in imression user looking to connect to provider, you right, if the back to back it will not work. cheers.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

what are you trying to do, connect two C1100 routers back to back using VDSL ? That won't work, you need a DSLAM in between. Which you don't have, that is why the documentation is referencing the ISP.

Yes, exactly what I am trying to do. Im fairly experienced in networking, but not setting up dsl connections. I got the devices from our supplier in a Cisco Try&Buy order and will probably return them because of this limitation. Is the similar limitation using xDSL feature as well?

I need a solution using Cisco as these are standard devices supported by our organization. Is there a fairly not-to-expensive solution for a back-to-back(master/Slave) configuration using Cisco?

\\Tor

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card