Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1121-8PLTE+ DHCP Issue

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a 1121-8PLTE+ that I am having issues having a Windows 10 computer pulling an address from. I have tried to pull an IP from my MacBook and a Linux device and they both pull an IP address with no problem. The error I get when I try and renew an address on my Windows PC is "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet 8: The parameter is incorrect." Any suggestion's would be great! I have attached screen shots of my configs and debug messages some may look weird because MAC's and IP's were redacted.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out that it was a configuration issue, I do not have a lot of experience running DHCP pools on the router itself (Usually helpers pointing to a DHCP server) and accidentally put a subnet mask after the default router command which was causing my issue. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This could be a 'local Windows' problem (too) as discussed in : https://www.thewindowsclub.com/error-occurred-while-renewing-interface-ethernet?utm_content=cmp-true

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

FIX: Windows 10/11 is unable to get DHCP (IP) address (windowsreport.com)

I dont think it Router issue, 
check how solve DHCP issue in Win10/11

I think the FW deny the dhcp packet 

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out that it was a configuration issue, I do not have a lot of experience running DHCP pools on the router itself (Usually helpers pointing to a DHCP server) and accidentally put a subnet mask after the default router command which was causing my issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco