Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1121-8PLTE+ DHCP Issue

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a 1121-8PLTE+ that I am having issues having a Windows 10 computer pulling an address from. I have tried to pull an IP from my MacBook and a Linux device and they both pull an IP address with no problem. The error I get when I try and renew an address on my Windows PC is "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet 8: The parameter is incorrect." Any suggestion's would be great! I have attached screen shots of my configs and debug messages some may look weird because MAC's and IP's were redacted.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out that it was a configuration issue, I do not have a lot of experience running DHCP pools on the router itself (Usually helpers pointing to a DHCP server) and accidentally put a subnet mask after the default router command which was causing my issue. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This could be a 'local Windows' problem (too) as discussed in : https://www.thewindowsclub.com/error-occurred-while-renewing-interface-ethernet?utm_content=cmp-true

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

FIX: Windows 10/11 is unable to get DHCP (IP) address (windowsreport.com)

I dont think it Router issue, 
check how solve DHCP issue in Win10/11

I think the FW deny the dhcp packet 

parkerparrett
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out that it was a configuration issue, I do not have a lot of experience running DHCP pools on the router itself (Usually helpers pointing to a DHCP server) and accidentally put a subnet mask after the default router command which was causing my issue. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card