cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 Router barely working with the internet

Ian Sully
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2921 Router that is going to be my Default Gateway for all of my devices, only one problem is, the devices are getting internet, but it is bearly working. I actually have 2 networks, one for my Cisco IP Phones, and one for all the rest of the phones. This router is also connected to only 1 ISP, and I been starting to wonder if that is the problem, but if anyone can tell me, just let me know.

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the 2921 gets you about 180MB throughput max, it will never match your 1000MB WAN. That might be the problem...?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello, 

what do you mean by barely working ? Is the connection slow ? Post the full running configuration of your router, maybe we can spot something...

When I try to load a web page (or anything else) it is really slow, I am not if this has happened to anyone else as well, but I am really wondering if this is because of it giving 2 networks internet, but if you can help me, that would be great!

Ian

Post the output of:

sh run

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's the bandwidth of your Internet connection and your LAN connection(s).

What's the load on your router's interfaces?

What's the CPU performance history stats?

Ian Sully
Level 1
Level 1

The WAN is 1000 MB per second right now from the modem, ISP is Cable One (now Sparklight). The switch has 48 FasEthernet Ports. But they work no problem. So, I am not sure.

Hello,

the 2921 gets you about 180MB throughput max, it will never match your 1000MB WAN. That might be the problem...?

Would an ISR 4331 be any better?

Does your ISP cable had "capped" bandwidth, especially "up"?  If so, do you shape for the "up" cap?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card