cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco c1101-4p WAN routing

G.V.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all! I would like to ask if anyone can explain the need to specify WAN vs LAN interface setting in router's WEBUI.

I was installing this router and experienced some routing issues. When GigabitEthernet0/0/0 (physical WAN port) interface was set to WAN, the routing was broken, but routing works perfectly when it is set to LAN and route is manually specified.

So if in WEBUI config I set the port to be WAN, the setting sets default route to be “ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GigabitEthernet0/0/0" and routing stops working.

If I change the route from CLI or WEBUI to be “ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 152.x.x.169” for Verizon, the interface changes from WAN to LAN. Routing works perfectly. GigabitEthernet0/0/0 has IP 152.x.x.170

Any other route besides “ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GigabitEthernet0/0/0” changes interface from WAN to LAN.

Thanks for any input!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you do quick startup guide and define the interfaces :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-8/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_8_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_8_x_chapter_010100.html

we do most of the config command level ( not sure what is the GUI definition of WAN / LAN  here ?)

The Routing table only looks where that suppose to go out. and it has return traffic, so all works as expected.

If this Router connected to ISP, then you need routing and also NAT for the Lan device to works

To understand better port show run from command level.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I meant web management interface settings for GigabitEthernet0/0/0. You can set it to LAN or WAN.

I guess I have to try different route configs to see if I can have interface to stay on WAN setting.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card