cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR licencing

Alek5942
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, I have a question regarding licensing. I'm considering to buy Cisco ISR 1101 series router with IOS-XE. As far as I know, the default license there is IP BASE. My question is, do I need to buy this license separately? I mean does it come with the router itself? And if IP BASE license comes with Router, do I need to pay for it periodically, meaning is it subscription based license? Thank you.

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @balaji.bandi   Thank you. Your link is about ASR 1000, not about ISR 1101 (I made a typo and wrote 1001 instead of 1101 and now I corrected it). Can you please check information about license Cisco ISR 1101 series routers?

have updated the information - apologies.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi  Thank you. Did you change your opinion regarding paying for IP base license considering that I'm asking about ISR 1001 series and not about ASR 1000 series?

IPbase License free come with base image - as i have corected the document.

BB

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Alek5942 

Note ISR 1100 products are eol/eos.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/select-isr1100-product-eol.html

They are ship with the IP Base license by default.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Hello M02@rt37  I'm considering to buy ISR 1101-4p which is not in the announcement, so maybe it's not EOL/EOS yet. My question is, if the IP Base license is default, does it mean that I don't have to pay anything to buy this license? And another question, if let's say I don't need to buy this license, do I need to pay for it periodically, meaning is it subscription based license?

@Alek5942 

The IP Base license is typically a perpetual license, meaning it does not have an expiration date. Once you purchase the router with the IP Base license, you own the license, and there's no need for ongoing subscription payments for that particular license.

Best regards

M02@rt37  Thanks for the reply. I'm asking because, looks like that for example for ASR 1000 series, IP base license should be bought separately. And I want to make sure that if I'll buy ISR 1101 series, I'll not need to buy IP Base license or I will not need to pay for the subscription for IP Base license.

@Alek5942 

As I said, once you purchase the router with the IP Base license, you own the license, and there's no need for ongoing subscription payments for that particular license.

Best regards

M02@rt37 

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the bothering, and the last question to make sure. I understood about subscription, that there is no need to pay for it. And also you don't need to pay for the IP BASE license separately, this license comes with the router, correct?

This is cisco document and you read correctly  - if you ordering the provided code.

Table 41.     Cisco ISR 1000 Series licenses

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-739512.html

BB

@Alek5942 

M02rt37_0-1700578230541.png

Best regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card