cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco QOS is not supporting on SVI interface.

smartboy2255
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Service policy output command is not supporting on Vlan interface of Cisco 2900 Router.I am having one  HWic 4ESW Card and configured VLAN interface. But Service policy output command is not supporting.Same config is supporting in the Cisco 2800 Router.Pls help me on this..

pls find the attached config.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ajith

13 Replies 13

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

You have to use what you have; tell us what you need and you will apply the policy map on the exit interface of your equipment.

Hi Florin,

I have connected my ISP on the HWIC-4esw card in Cisco 2921 router and assign vlan 10 on the same interface .Given ISP ip address in the Vlan 10.ie is output interface.And i want reserve bandwidth for voic traffic.But when I apply service policy command I am getting configuration failed output.Same setup is working fine in Cisco 2800 router.

Regards,

Ajith

Hi Ajith,

Please find the below link which tells you can and cannot do with SVI's on ISR's. This also discusses the QoS options as well. It's basically saying that CBWFQ is not supported. You can mark and stuff but not allocated bandwidth etc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/prod_white_paper0900aecd8064c9f4.html

HTH,

Regards,

Kishore

Please rate if helpful

Thanks Kishore... But Same Config is working fine with Cisco ISR like 2800

,3800 series.That is why I am confused.why it is working fine in Cisco 2800..

Thanks  a lot for your quick reply...

Regards,

Ajith

Ajith,

Are you using the same card though? HWIC- 4ESW? or are you using HWIC- 1FE or HWIC-2FE

Regards,

Kishore

Hi Gm Kishore,

I am using HWIC-4ESW card in both routers..

Regards,

Ajith

hi Ajith,

I recommend you check the CIsco feature naivagtor to see if you 2900 series router with HWIC-4ESW and the IOS  supports what you want. Maybe it could be the IOS as well.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH,

Regards,

Kishore

please rate if helpful

HI Kishore,

IOS is supporting .This is ISR G2 Router with universal image.And available license is UC,IP Base and Data.

Regards,

Ajith

pgasparovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

even after one year seems the stuff not being fixed yet, what it should work like as put in SVI document by Kishore..

These days I test Cisco 2801 with 15.1(4)M3 (want to reuse old hw) and HWIC-4ESW and I hardly believe the setup by guy "AVS..." has worked with 2800 and now won't with 2900

I try to get the "best QoS" out of HWIC setup, where there is 1 uplink port to PE, and 1 PC port that may burst and "meet" on uplink port with data coming out from SVIs there. Understanding that basic and default (not configurable) switch QoS happens among 2 port queues (low COS 0-3 and high COS 4-7) on switch ports, I want SVI packets to leave having COS different than 0, what happens by default. However, neither setting COS in MQC map attached as output under SVI, nor setting IP DSCP (just to test) works as there is "Configuration Failed!" message = what's in evident dispute with the SVI document (remarking DSCP/Prec values).

Seems this to be a weak point of the SVI-HWIC implementation.. I much welcome somebody from ISR BU to react.

Thanks.

Hello,

I had the same when i upgraded from somewhere 12.4.9 to i think it was late 12.4.15t release the support for qos on svi was gone.

For me it was enough tomstart working with sub interfaces and skipped using the hwic switch on router.

I was confused when i upgraded and "feature". qos on svi was gone, maybe someone know why ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Can you tell me with versions have you tested so far and the results? Does the 'service-policy' command gets accepted at all? Also clarify what is the modules that you have tested on? I will follow this up internally.

Thanks.

Hi Subramaniya, I sent you private msg 2 days ago (here under Support systems), please read it. I think I have provided sufficient information in my first entry already. Simply the service-policy can't be applied, accompanied by that error message.

Still no response.. Another topic condemned to death like mary others here? The same restrictions (issues?) apply to latest EHWIC-4ESG, so it would be fine to get this clarified by Cisco for good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: