cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between switch and routers

idesofmarch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-C2912MF-Xl switch with two 2601 routers connected connected via FA1/1 and FA1/2. on the

switch FA1/1 and FA1/2 say up and up

on the both routers FA0/0 is up and down, is there

a switch configuration I need to set up to get the

routers to talk to each other?

4 Replies 4

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Did you try changing the cable. Try changing the speed or duplex/hardcoding the speed or duplex. Did you check the logs, what logs are there. Check if you are getting some errors on the router interfaces. Please paste the output from show int fa x/x from the router. Also paste the running config of the interfaces from both router and switch.

-amit singh

I was using the switch to just connect the two routers on the same network so I could play with

some configurations. I thought the switch would be

passive and let the routers talk. I have changed the

duplexs and speed and changed the cables and interfaces with the same results. I t has been

a while since I configured a switch just thought I

forgot to do something..

Hi,

Please paste the configs from both the devices aling with show interface fa x/x output.

regards,

-amit singh

Since this seems like a test setup, you might want to consider wr erasing the switch. If there is some kind of config on the switch ports this would reset it to default, including vlans. You also might want to do the same onthe router's fa ports by using the default int fa x/x command. Have you tried conencting the two routers together back to back with a x-over cable?

Configs would help if none of this resoves the issue.

Joe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card