cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

copy xmodem initializing no transfer c2960

g-jevtovic94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, i had this problem for 8 hours now and can't seem to get it cracked... 

after i input the command copy xmodem: flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.e9.bin
and using the SecureCRT going to Transfer > send xmodem

I get this and after that nothing happens 

switch: copy xmodem: flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.e9.bin
Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...
CCC
Starting xmodem transfer. Press Ctrl+C to cancel.
Transferring c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E9.bin...

i have set the BAUD to 115200 even on 9600 is not working....

If anyone got any insight please let me know. 

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Confirm that the firmware file is located in the correct directory or folder on your local machine. You might need to specify the full file path if it's not in the current directory. Related ; verify the file's latest access time, to see whether is it really 'getting to be used' ;

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I made 10 folders on my pc in different paths. Gave it a specified path and not working. +

>...I made 10 folders on my pc in different paths. Gave it a specified path and not working. +
      - Kind of as a sanity check and 'materials verification' have a try with another PC too , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

My colleague tried on his PC and went through with no problem... We were confused and still are, same settings and everything.

- Good to know! There must be a reason , perhaps serial interface broken (?)

M.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

XMODEM is too slow, that is old days, if i were you i will use simple TFTP - make sure you have enough space in flash: (remove before you copy any image to flash)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/2600-series-multiservice-platforms/12714-76.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

g-jevtovic94
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried everything... None of the things work... Tried running as admin, checking the file integrity nothing. 

if someone might know what might be missing please suggest.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card