cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default routes on 2911 lab routers: One, for remote connectivity; and, one for OSPF lab

Jelani_DTE_PRO
Level 1
Level 1

Okay. So, I have three 2911 lab routers that are configured for remote connectivity using a default route and the next hop address of my XFINITY router. At the same time, I'm trying to complete OSPF labs that redistribute static subnets. Of course, those redistributed static routes never make it to the routing table of neighbors because the OSPF redistributed default route has a higher AD [110/1], than the default route configured for remote connectivity [1/0]. I don't even see a redistributed default route, in the OSPF routing table. 

On the other hand, if I connect up to my devices via my LAN and remove the default routes needed for remote connectivity, the OSPF redistributed static routes display in neighbor routing tables.

Is there a way, to SSH into my routers from a remote location and simultaneously complete the OSPF part of my labs that call for redistributed static routes? I've tried changing the AD of external OSPF routes, so both routes could make it to the routing table with an Administrative Distance of [1/0]. However, the AD remained 110; it never changed. I did find some information that could help make that happen. Just thought to seek some other feedback, in the meanwhile.

4 Replies 4

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont know if i understood your question.

Are you trying to receive your static routers of your ospf neighbors?

try it:

redistribute static

default-origination information (in your core router)

look this steps:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/ospf-default-route-advertisement/ta-p/3132308

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thanks, for the reply.

I'm trying to do two things simultaneously that both require a default route: 1) I'm trying to SSH into my home-based lab, from any remote connection (not a problem); AND, 2) After establishing an SSH connection to one of my 2911 routers, I'm trying to do an OSPF lab that redistributes a default route, so OSPF speaking routers know how to reach subnets that are not found in their routing table. The latter part, is solely for lab purposes. 

I can successfully redistribute static routes into OSPF and see O*E2 specific routes, while connected to my LAN and after I remove my ability to SSH into home network from any remote location via a default route statement and the next hop address of my XFINITY router. Again, the reason for this is because the Administrative Distance of that advertised O*E2 default route is [110].

I'm trying to find out, if anyone knows of a solution that would allow me to SSH into my home network (e.g. from a library) and successfully complete my OSPF lab; in particular, redistributing static routes that are specific to my OSPF lab...

Hello,

post a schematic drawing of your topology as well as the full configurations of all routers involved...

Hi, Georg.

Just a quick question... Are you not able to follow what I'm trying to accomplish, without full configs and topologies?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card