Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dividing T1 Line ( channelized T1)

hi Friends,

i have a T1 Link that i need to Dividing it into two links one for Network Traffic and the Second For Video Traffic.

i am Using HWIC-1DSU-T1 on one side and HWIC-4T1/E1 on the other Side (Actually it's 7 links using 2 HWIC-4T1/E1, 4 WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 3 HWIC-1DSU-T1).

i will need to put specific traffic for Video Traffic so it doesn't eat the complete link since the priority here for the Network Traffic (SCADA).

any help will be appreciated 

8 Replies 8

any help guys ?

Hi,

What I understand you want to have BW dedicated for certain type of traffic..right?

If so, please consider implementing Quality of service in your network environment.

Please go through this link and get back to us in case of any further queries:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/fqos_c.html

CF

hi Cisco Freak,

yes you are right.

my first idea was to implement QoS but i don't really have a lot of knowledge of the topic so i will have to read it and my Boss prefer just to divided the T1 link between the certain type of traffic.

so my question before going to the QoS .. is it possible to divided the T1 link ? for at least two BW each for Certain type of traffic ? or do i need a different type of T1 Card ??

Thanks for your help 

I am not sure if you can achieve you goal by dividing the T1 interface to different channels.

CF

yeah that what i found after spending some time .. these cards don't support channelized T1

thanks

Guys,

when i try to put two channel group in one controller it doesn't accepted!!! 

R1(config-controller)#channel-group 3 timeslots 1-16

R1(config-controller)#channel-group 4 timeslots 17-24
%Insufficient resources to create channel group

how do we allow implement this ? to provide two serial interfaces with different speed from one T1 line ?

i am using HWIC-1DSU-T1 & HWIC-4T1/E1 on the other Side.

Thanks For Help in Advance 

Check this out:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/14751/error-message-insufficient-resources-create-channel-group-received-when-configuring

CF

hi Cisco Freak,

thanks for the link but it's really don't apply here.

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card