cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do ISR 4000 series support OC3/OC12

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

Please tell me if ISR 4000 support OC3/12 circuits. I haven't been able to find any information on cisco regarding OC3/OC12 support by ISR 4000. If ISR 4000 series routers don't support OC3/12 then please advise which other ISR series routers without an EOL announcement that can support these circuits, not interested in ASR series routers at this time.

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I probably dont have the answer for that but may be they are focusing the devices for enterprise and service providers, also you could evaluate the ASR 920 as showed on this link, it supports OC3 and OC12 modules as well. It has lowest cost than an ASR 1K.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-920-series-aggregation-services-router/datasheet-c78-733397.html

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi

The following link could be useful, unfortunately it mentions until ISR 3800, 3900 and ASR9K, but please let me try to find more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6980.pdf

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Julio,

Thanks for your comment and research. I don't understand how cisco is advertising ISR 4000 as a replacement for ISR 3900 series routers if they don't support these circuits. I could be wrong in my analysis, but so far I haven't found any document from cisco that states ISR 4000 support these circuits.

Please let me know when you have any updates.

Hi,

I think these features were moved to the ASR 1000 and 9K series.

Don't you think that's an overkill? that if a small company needs an oc3 or oc12 circuit they would need to buy ASRs which are way too expensive and too powerful for a small network.

Hi

I probably dont have the answer for that but may be they are focusing the devices for enterprise and service providers, also you could evaluate the ASR 920 as showed on this link, it supports OC3 and OC12 modules as well. It has lowest cost than an ASR 1K.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-920-series-aggregation-services-router/datasheet-c78-733397.html

I appreciate your assistance.

You are welcome

Julio,

Is there any site/tool that you can recommend to get a quote for cisco devices? I am looking for a rough figure that is close enough. My cco is not authorized to use cisco tool for quotes.

Hi

Unfortunately the tool is authorized for Cisco Partners only. Try to contact to Cisco Sales or a Cisco Partner. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card