cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover/Highavailability of webserver with multiple ISP

rmnr
Level 1
Level 1

We need our webserver to be available when the Primary ISP failover to Secondary ISP. Below is an example of our current setup.

We have interface tracking setup and when the ISP 1 goes down the secondary default route kicks in and we have internet at the office. However our website will be disconnected from the outside world.

We are using Cisco 2911 Integrated Service Router

How can we make our server available when the secondary ISP is active?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only way is to have your own public IP and advertised it through both the ISP's via BGP,

or else check dynamic DNS i think its called dyndns or similar.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

At the moment how does outside world reach your web server?,whats the public IP they use ?

172.16.0.1, assuming it is the public IP in the above scenario which is provided by ISP1. So when ISP1 is down and ISP2 kicks in, the web server won't be reachable from outside. ISP2 has also given us a separate stack of  public IP, 172.17.0.0/24 in this scenario.

The only way is to have your own public IP and advertised it through both the ISP's via BGP,

or else check dynamic DNS i think its called dyndns or similar.

Just like I thought, we will go ahead with BGP Multihoming...:) Thank you...:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: