cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Ethernet Port Problem

omeshwar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 2600 router with BGP configured for two leased circuits of 2mbps from two different ISP's.

My Fa0/0 interface sometimes goes down and when i login through the other int. fa0/1 and run shut command on fa0/0 to bring it up the telnet session logs off and the ping response from the fa0/1 also starts proving RTO's. So i have to login through console ang bring the fa0/0 up using shut, noshut command.

Can you tell me is this because of BGP config. or some problem with my fa0/0.

Thanks in advance for your expetise.

4 Replies 4

owaisberg
Level 1
Level 1

Can you send your router config ?

Thanks,

OW

aryan1980
Level 1
Level 1

hi there !!

1. normally it is recommended to use 35XX or higher series router when bgp configurations comes...

2. before going to higher end router just check with syslog weather the cpu utilization for your router is going high which might be causing the problem to bring down the router.

3. try to analyze the traffic pattern ...which may help you to troubleshoot more in depth.

hope this information may help you.

regards,

aryan

Hi Sir,

The CPU utilization is attached.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Nothing wrong with your "show proc cpu" output. IP INPUT is high in BGP, that is normal.

What is your 2600 router memory size? Memory is important in BGP, full BGP internet route should not be less than 256MB specially if you are peering with two ISP - recommended is 512MB.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card