Replies

Frame-Relay Issue

ChristopheVL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm studying for my CCNA exam.

I'm busy setting up a frame-relay lab.

Everything is going well so far, but when i finished the lab after a few minsee i can't ping some routers anymore.

in the beginning i can ping everything.

All my mappings are still active and up.

The routes on the frame relaye switch are also active .

What can cause this to happen?

My lab is in attachment .

Passwords are cisco

Kind regards,

Christophe

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you change the file extension from .rar to some thing else, so I can view it?  .doc is good.

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Which all routers you are not able to ping now?

Regards

Najaf

CCIE (R&S) 25070

Hi Najaf and Reza

Thx for fast reply.

In the beginning everything works fine, but after a while i can't ping let's say any router anymore.

So i can't answer the question.

Can this be gns3 or is this congestion ?

Thx

Christophe

the lab is done in gns3 (Reza)

Hi,

replace your WIC-2T in slot 0 by NM-4T in slot 1 and it should work, I've had lots of problems with WIC-2T and 3725 platform  too and with NM-4T never had an issue.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Well i'm back.

i tryed it ,but when i try to remove the wic-2t and add nm-14t to slot 1   push apply .Wic-2t stays in that other slot.

I've tryed it with a new lab .First adding the nm-4t module then connecting it to a router.When i look back to the router i see that wic 2t is back.

I've read this on forum about it :

In the real world: a WIC-2T will give you two async/synchronous serial interfaces, and the NM-4T will give you 4 synchronous only serial interfaces. A NM-4T is a network module which is usually about the size of 4 WIC cards. They both use different types of physical connectors, but offer relatively the same functionality, connecting various remote topologies together. WIC-2T connects via a Smart Serial cable. NM-4T uses a DB-60 serial cable. Maximum data rates on the NM-4T are 8 Mbps on port 0; 4 Mbps each on port 0 and port 2; or 2 Mbps on all four ports simultaneously (8 Total). Depending on the slot the WIC-2T is inserted into, it can support up 8Mbs on both ports with a maximum of 6 ports at 8Mbps each.

How can i replace them on a existing lab?

Regards,

Christophe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card