cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I use my both ISP's simultaniusly with BGP network

damcotech
Level 1
Level 1

I have published one network (Say 103.252.245.0/24) with my BGP settings. I use two providers using BGP to provide connections. I have made them primary and secondary. Now I want to use this like my half range of network IP's would be publish by ISP-1(Primary) and other half would be publish by ISP-1(Secondary).

Or

How can I use my both ISP's simultaniusly with BGP network

Regards,

Mukesh

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml

There's also a really good presentation on eBGP design on CiscoLive.com

joshuacmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Since you only own a class C network, traffic management is going to be best path to both providers. You will have to advertise the /24 to both peers and see how inbound path selection is working. You can try pretending an AS path to the provider that has too much throughout but in my experience this just causes all traffic to move to the second provider. This may be different for you though so I encourage you to experiment.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Annu,

Let me see if I understand this correctly. As of right now, you are advertising for example (100.100.100.0/24) to ISP-A and ISP-B? But you would like to have a /25 range of the /24 advertised to ISP-A and the other advertised to ISP-B?

Are both of these ISPs connected to one router, or two routers with a routing protocol between them? Also, are you doing Full Internet tables or default routes?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card