Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check throughput on CIsco router CISCO2911/K9

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i have one router CISCO2911/K9 and i am observing cou utilization more than 50% but unable to find any cpu process which is running.

i just observed that router has 50M ISP link and it is utilizing more than 50%.

So just want to know how to measure total throughput on router of model CISCO2911/K9?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most of the interface can be used the interface which using go out and in traffic from the router.

check this thread and commands:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/how-to-know-the-current-throughput/td-p/605545

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It would have been helpful if you had posted the results of a show proc cpu sorted, including, say, the first process lines.

I suspect, however, since you don't know of any CPU process using most of the CPU, it's likely being used within by "interrupt" processing.

For more information, you might review show proc cpu info, in particular, mention of the interrupt level percentage.  Interrupt level processing, basically, is "routine" packet forwarding processing, and does not otherwise show as a "process".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card