Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure etherchannel between c3560 and c2948G-GE-TX switches

Bienvenu Ngala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I really need help, on my study lab I have got 2 switches a c3560 running IOS and a c2948g-ge-tx running CatOS. Both switches

has SFP ports, I would like to configure etherchannel between them switches using 2 SFP ports on each switch.

my question is if such configuration is possible and how to configure etherchannel so that VLANS can travel between both switches running different operating system. I have tried but it's no working, Please help.

Best regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post configs from both devices?

View solution in original post

Hello Bienvenu,

your config on both switches look okay apart from the two ports which are assined to port-channel 15 on the 2900 which assinged to vlan 60 and the port level high with no specified speed.

set vlan 60   2/49-50

set port level      2/49-50  high

try and remove these port from this vlan and change the port level and speed and then try reconnection,

clear vlan 60

set port level      2/49-50  normal

set port speed      2/1-48 auto

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post configs from both devices?

Hi R. Sharifi,

Sorry for my late response please find attached configs for both devices.

Best regards,

BEN

Dear R. Sharifi,

I hope you are well.

I am still waiting for your help, since I post the configs for both devices I am not hearing from you that is why I would like to remind you that I am still waitng. My apology if you are busy with other preoccupations.

I look forward to.

Best regards,

BEN

Bienvenu Ngala
Level 1
Level 1

Both switches configs

Hello Bienvenu,

your config on both switches look okay apart from the two ports which are assined to port-channel 15 on the 2900 which assinged to vlan 60 and the port level high with no specified speed.

set vlan 60   2/49-50

set port level      2/49-50  high

try and remove these port from this vlan and change the port level and speed and then try reconnection,

clear vlan 60

set port level      2/49-50  normal

set port speed      2/1-48 auto

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card