cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to upgrade ios of cisco 871 router ?

pauljose23
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

am using cisco 871 router. c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-24.T1.bin presently used ios, i have few doubts 

1. can I update my image to the latest version in this router ?

2. where should i find the ios , i searched a lot unable to find any image ?

3. please provide a link for downloading if you have ?

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Generally you need an active support contract to obtain (and legally upgrade) an IOS. Do you have such?

If not, Cisco will, upon contacting them, allow for some upgrades to address serious security flaws. Also, some devices, have (or did have) special licensing for lifetime upgrades (although you may need to document your the original buyer). I don't know if either applies to your device and its IOS.

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

First, you need determine which IOS is suitable for this router - try cisco feature navigator.

https://cfnng.cisco.com

https://cfnng.cisco.com/archived-data

Second - 871 is end-of-sale and end-of-support. Therefore, you will not be able to download the desired image on the Cisco website. But it can be found on the internet...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What @Joseph W. Doherty said is correct.  
You need a valid Service Contract to download the IOS.  Unfortunately, the 870-series router is already end-of-support.  This means all relevant firmware files have been removed from the Cisco download pages. 

If you have the exact filename of the file you are looking for, Google will be your friend.

Check for a valid service contract from where you bought it. Or call directly to Cisco TAC number which you can find online.

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card