cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4B-S/T Module not detected on 2811

CSCO10576352
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i am currently trying to configure a four port ISDN BRI interface on a Cisco 2811 router.

Upon upgrading to a later version of IOS, c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25d.bin, access to the HWIC-4B-S/T module is lost, the router no longer detects it. In fact iI can only get the router to detect the module using the original IOS version c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.YA3.bin.

Is there some special feature needed in the IOS code to support these modules, if so what would be a suitable version/train to upgrade to?

I have tried using the Cisco Software advisor tool but it generates an error when searching on a hardware configuration containing this module type.

The reason for upgrading the code is we have a potential bug with the current version which appears to be preventing the BRI interface syncing up with the providers switch (switch type correctly defined and provider confirms isdn line has been provisioned correctly).

The debug error seen is:

GMT: ISDN BR0/0/0 SERROR: L2_Go: at bailout DLCB is NULL

L2: sapi 63 tei 127 ces 0 ev 0x650

My main question though is why the module is not being detected after a code upgrade and if there is a specific code version/train needed to support this module in a 2811?

Thanks for taking the time to read through

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

20 YA3 is NEWER than 25d mainline.

You need to update IOS.

Look like it was my browser playing up on the cisco site, using firefox it works and suggests the following IOS:

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB8.bin

I'll give that a try, there must be specific features in this train that are not in the mainline...

That is old as well, a better choice would be 15.0 mainline.

Please rememebr to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

But thats the latest version recomended that has apparant support for the HWIC-4B-S/T module by the advisor tool on Cisco....

No. 15.0 has everything 12.4 has.

It would not make sense otherwise.

Thanks for the advice but in this case upgrading the IOS to c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB8.bin has fixed the issue and I can now see multiple frames established at layer 2.

And so I'm rated 3 fo giving you the correct answer ?

Thanks....

And so I'm rated 3 fo giving you the correct answer ?

What have you done Paolo to tick him off? 

Gave too much info possibly

You need to update IOS.

Honestly Paolo.  You really need to "refrain" from giving people the answer they don't want to hear.  LOL

I've given you +15 to make up for the loss.

Hi, I rated a three as your post was helpful which it was and is what three stars denote according to the guide.

Upgrading the IOS was a given! I just wanted to know why a specific version of the IOS is needed to support the HWIC-4B-S/T module on a 2811. If you run this through the Cisco software advisor tool then it is very specific as to which IOS will support the module hence the one I ended upgrading to.

Thanks again for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card