Views
Helpful
Replies

ios licensing

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have sp services ios installed on 3825. Can I install  ip voice ios without buying it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

so, this is what you have

c3825-spservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5.bin

and this is what you want to install?

c3825-ipvoicek9-mz.151-4.M5.bin

If your Smartnet contract only support the first image (SP), than you need to purchase the second image.

The best way is to talk to your sales rep.

HTH

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, you have to buy the license to enable the voice features.  You can get a 90 day trial version, but if you need it permanently, you would need to buy the license.

HTH

What do you meen -    buy license ? I can buy ip voice ios but why if sp service = ip voice + MPLS, SSH,ATM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/images/09186a0080514bd4_guest-Cisco_IOS_Packaging-us-Product_Bulletin-en_2_2-01.jpg

Reza Sharifi wrote:

Hi,

No, you have to buy the license to enable the voice features.  You can get a 90 day trial version, but if you need it permanently, you would need to buy the license.

HTH

This is not the case here. OP has an ISR G1 router. These do not use license like ISR G2, and the feature set is determined by the image being used.

So, do I need to buy ip voice ios or I can downgrade from sp service ?

Evgeniy.Suvorov wrote:

So, do I need to buy ip voice ios or I can downgrade from sp service ?

You cannot buy anything because the old ISR routers are end of sales.

You can use the rotuer for any feature is has now.

Router is end of sales, but ios isn't. Old ios - k9. I need new ios without k9. So the question is - do I need to buy new ip voice ios  or I can just download it with smartnet ?

Again: I don't think you will be able to buy anything.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/eol_c51_624090.html

IOS downloads require a support contract.

so, this is what you have

c3825-spservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5.bin

and this is what you want to install?

c3825-ipvoicek9-mz.151-4.M5.bin

If your Smartnet contract only support the first image (SP), than you need to purchase the second image.

The best way is to talk to your sales rep.

HTH

Paolo and OP,

I apologize.  I just didn't see the 3800 in there. I was thinking about the G2 series.

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: