Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip route

lucad7846
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I am building a simple network for one of my assessments. 

I would like to get the pc's to be able to communicate with the servers SydSVR and INTERNET on the remote networks. 

I have tried adding a static route on SYD-R1 through its s0/0/1 interface. I tried 2 different routes which I have now deleted as they did not work. The routes where as follows:

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/1 didn't work 

192.168.206.0 255.255.255.0 s/0/0/1 (this network being one of the networks SM-PC's belong to - didn't work either)

If I ping from a pc's to the SYD-SVR1 I get a "destination unreachable message" from the default gateway PER-R1.

Attached is my PKT file. Passwords for all routers and switched is the usual, console is cisco and privilege exec is class. 

I am not sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

in SYD-R1 you need static route for all subnet connect to PER-R1.

View solution in original post

see my attach file; do pings from scenario 0 and then check configs

View solution in original post

29 Replies 29

in SYD-R1 you need static route for all subnet connect to PER-R1.

Hi thanks for the suggestion.

I actually tried that but it didn't work. 

Can you please provide and example on how to achieve this? 

Many thanks in advance

SYD-R1

ip route 192.168.202.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

ip route 192.168.204.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

ip route 192.168.206.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

now from any PC in these subnet ping SYD-R1

Hi thanks again. 

I have created the routes as per your suggestion but this way I can only ping SYD-R1 s0/0/0. I can't reach any of the other networks on the other side. So if I ping SYD-SVR1 or INTERNET or even just the other SYD-R1 interfaces the ping fails. 

I am not sure why? 

ISP  router

ip route 192.168.202.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

ip route 192.168.204.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

ip route 192.168.206.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

PER-R1 router
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/0

Hi 

I have done as you suggested still it doesn't work. Destination host unreachable for both SYD-SVR1 and INTERNET. 

Did it work for you?

Thanks so much for your help

Hi 

The ip addresses have been provided in a table. I haven't chosen them. This is an assessment activity. They gave me a table with all addresses and I have to configure the devices as per the provided table. 

I am thinking maybe dynamic routing could be the solution? RIPv2 should work with classless masks. Am I guessing right? 

Nop, from ISP ping to Server INTERNET, are ping success ? NO 
from SYD-SVR ping default GW, are ping success? NO

this is not issue for routing protocol it issue of mis subnet and misconfig IP address.

Hi thanks for the suggestion. 

As previously said the configuration details have been provided. 

Please see table attached. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

table you share is right BUT I think you need double check the IP and subnet I mention in photo above 
do double check you will see different.

Thanks. So are you saying I misconfigured the addresses or is the table that is not correct? I have assigned the addresses according to the table. 

I am really sorry I am trying to understand and I am a bit confused. 

Many thanks 

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you have also 10.0.0.0/30 network which seems to be forgotten?  and it sort of breaking stuff.  ISP needs a route to it; also there was a loop which means static route is incorrect.  OR it is because of a typo on a router - not fix yet, can u find it ?

see attached fixed pt file.  if you reload routers, it will be broken (aka original configs)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses

Hi. 

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I can't check your zip file right now. Will do when I get back home.

I'm not sure what you mean by "loop" and "typo". 

If that helps I had to configure all devices according to a provided table. All I'm trying to achieve is for all PC's to be able to ping the outside networks successfully. PC's must be able to ping both servers. 

Also I'm not sure what the issue is in regards to 10.0.0.0/30. You said it's breaking stuff but I'm not exactly sure what that means. 

Did you achieve connectivity with the file you attached? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card