cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Policy Routing is not supported in Cisco 3560 Switch?

CSCO11667920
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to apply route-map in Cisco 3560 Switch (C3560-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2 (55)SE5, I am able to create route-map but I am not able to apply it on any interface, Kindly reccomend any solution

4 Replies 4

Hello

Depending on if that IOS supports PBR then make sure you are not trying to apply it to a switchport, as PBR require a routed port to work.

int x/x

no switchport

ip policy route-map xxx

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

My requirement is

I have a Cisco 877 router which is configured for internet and I have connected this router in the fa0/23 port of Cisco 3560 switch.

interface FastEthernet0/23

description ******Connected  ADSL RTR*****

switchport access vlan 333

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

interface Vlan333

ip address 172.16.15.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

I need to route the traffic to this router from the 3560 Switch only for a 172.16.15.0/24 subnet so need to set the next hop ip address as the  ip address of the router. I have created a route-map and when i try to apply it using the command

ip policy route-map under the interface vlan 333, it is not taking.

Do i need to change the IOS version??

Hi,

for Policy Based Routing, you need an IP Services Image and need to change the  SDM Template:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swiprout.html#wp1210866

Hope that helps

Rolf

Hello Krishna,

It is not supported in IP BASE for this platform. However, it is supported in IP SERVICES feature set.

Hope this helps,

Jose.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card