cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI Backup

Afragoso2009
Level 1
Level 1

Does any body are already configure a ISDN BRI Interface as backup line for Serial connection?

I have two site that must be connect with ISDN BRI whe the main serial ling goes down.

Does any bony have a example ?

24 Replies 24

Please see in atach what I having now

I am now able to dial , only when I remove the "dialer pool-member 1" on the interface BRI 0/1/0 and put it back again

Afragoso2009,

please try to attachment again.

the show command we are after is "show isdn status". my apology, i put in the wrong command before.

SOrry I forgot the attach

hello,

the good news is isdn does connect.

the disconnection must be caused by ppp negotiation.

so please test again with "debug isdn q931" and "debug ppp negotiation"

Hi Chinkevi

See in attach the ppp negotiation and authentication

But why the dialing only star when I remove the "dialer pool-member 1" and put it back again on the interface BRI on the caller site ?

Atttach file

So it appears the chap process isn't completing because you don't have "username rt-core2-1000 password ******" configured on RT_AGN_ASA and/or you don't have "username RT_AGN_ASA password ******" configured on rt-core2-1000.

Regarding your other problem I don't see (Maybe i overlooked it?) how you are defining interesting traffic. For example do you have "dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 101" and "access-list 101" configured?

James

i guess when you reinsert the pool command cause dialer interface up.

but you can just use ping direct to remote dialer ip to bring up the isdn, depends on your interesting traffic setup.

ppp failed in authentication phase and it is 2 way authentication. You can remove ppp authentication in bri and dialer config on both sides, or apply the following on both routers:

local router - username rt-core2-100 password xxxx

remote router - username RT_AGN_ASA password xxxx

int dialer x

! send username/password

ppp chap hostname

ppp chap password

from memory if you don't specify username to send, router will use its hostname as username.

if isdn fail again, check the ppp debug again for CHAP phase to be success or fail. After authentication is the IPCP.

Great

I remove the ppp authentication and its work fine now

My question now its how to have the 128 k working? I means both B channel at the same time?

dialer load-threshold 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card