Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Isr 1100 6g downgrade iOS sd wan to ios xe

Hello,

Im trying to downgrade an isr 1100 séries router in a classic iOS xe. I receive the router in viptelia iOS , first i Switch to an iOS sd wan with success. Now i m trying to change 17.6.3a sd wan to 17.6.3 iOS xe. I follow the procédure but i Can t load the .bin in rommon (invalid paramètres) i tried request software command in enable mode but it said i cant in contrôler mode. I tried a no controller-mode command. But i Can t Switch in autonomous...the rommon version is 17.4.2(r). I tried also 17.4.2 version iOS xe same error... Someone Can Help me pls ?!

14 Replies 14

thank you for your answer. I tried both links. First link failed for me .. the boot in rommon said invalid argument. When i tried to boot from c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin from rommon 17.4.2(r). I did the same thing like the other post on the forum. Update the viptelia IOS -> Change to isr1100 isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin But now i'm stuck in controller mode .. I can't disable this controller mode (said like this ios doesn't support disable controller mode). I really want to change this hardware like a classic router / Normal command like basic "conf t" .... What is the difference between  c1100 and isr1100be ios ? I'm just trying to use the router as a classic router. I thought csr1100 is classic IOS XE, ISR1100 is XE SD WAN but may be i'm wrong. Can someone just help me please ? 

attached pdf for reference.

What is the difference between  c1100 and isr1100be ios ? I'm just trying to use the router as a classic router. I thought csr1100 is a classic IOS XE, and ISR1100 is XE SD-WAN but may be i'm wrong. Can someone just help me please? 

CSR and ISR different platformer, CSR cloudbased virtual one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this procedure, it doesn't work for me. I'm missing something .. i'm sure. 

I'm actually in : isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

I modify register tried to boot rommon and after on : c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

But i have always get an error : invalid argument (it's look like he can't boot on the .bin file)

I tried to verify the IOS, but same error. 

I also download : c1100-universalk9.17.04.02.SPA.bin 

Same error / Same problem. 

I don't know what i'm missing ...

In isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin, as i said i'm stuck in controller-mode. Can't swap in Autonomous..

Can you post the complete procedure you follow in the text file from the console for us to understand what went wrong?

Device# controller-mode disable

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/sdwan-xe-gs-book/install-upgrade-17-2-later.html#switch-modes-using-cisco-cli

BB

Yes, i will send you tomorrow. The router is at the office. On the morning i will send you the complete console text.

Here the problems : 

Router#controller-mode disable
% Controller to Autonomous mode change blocked: This platform does not support switching to autonomous mode.

rommon 3 > boot bootflash:c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin
Located c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin
###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Package header rev 3 structure detected
IsoSize = 648568832
Unknown package structure
Failed to boot file bootflash:c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

Router#controller-mode disable
% Controller to Autonomous mode change blocked: This platform does not support switching to autonomous mode.

show that it can not do autonomous mode, we need to look other mode which we discussed before , get in to ROMMON

BB

What should i test in rommon ?! As you Can sée i have also an error when i try to boot from rommon mode.unknown packagé structure

I tried a request platform software sdwan software install. Without success, 'Invalid installation package.Platform C1100 does not match with ISR1100be'.

I am working to do the same thing. 

I've tried everything you've tried with no success. It seems like we are working on troubleshooting the same problem. I have one of our resident cisco CCIEs assisting and will post here if I find a solution.

Mitchell Mote
Level 1
Level 1

The solution that worked for me is below:

Boot device into rommon and issue this command:
rommon 1 >
rommon 1 >
rommon 1 > DEVICE_MANAGED_MODE=autonomous
rommon 2 > sync
rommon 3 > reset

The device should boot and operate in autonomous mode and operate like a regular IOS-XE image.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

-=-=-=-

We had to search in previous TAC cases regarding this. This is likely a bug with the way the bootloader on some 1100-6Gs won't read c1100 files. I've requested Cisco dig into this as it could be a gating factor for a lot of customers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card