cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4K is not supporting command ip load-sharing per-packet, why?

tm2008
Level 1
Level 1

I migrated configuration from ISR1921 to ISR4221, but find ip load-sharing per-packet command(used in ISR1921) is disable in ISR4221(CEF is enable), only ip load-sharing per-destination is enable by default.

know load-sharing per-packet command is not good for VoIP traffic, but my case is to get better and easy load-sharing as per-packet algorithm.

is there equivalent command to make this?

if no, can anyone have Cisco related announcement information about the change?

thank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe 4K has that support, generally, we use load share per destination always best practice.

give you some information : (check if you have this global command to configure)

https://content.cisco.com/chapter.sjs?uri=%2Fsearchable%2Fchapter%2Fcontent%2Fen%2Fus%2Ftd%2Fdocs%2Fios-xml%2Fios%2Fipswitch_cef%2Fconfiguration%2Fxe-3s%2Fisw-cef-xe-3s-book%2Fisw-cef-load-balancing.html.xml&platform=Cisco%204000%20Series%20Integrate...

if you are keen on that feature you may need to uplift the hardware to get better control on the load balance:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipswitch_cef/configuration/15-s/isw-cef-15-s-book/isw-cef-load-balancing.html#GUID-C725A4B8-9263-4D2C-95FB-F31D14E477C4

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thank you for quick reply and helpful information.

i have looked the information in links, one question about nodes:

"Although per-packet load balancing is intended for use on the majority of Cisco IOS routers, it is not supported on the Cisco ASR 1000 (and higher) Series Aggregation Services Router." 

my understanding ASR1000 is higher model than ISR4000, so suppose ISR4000 is possible to support load-sharing per-packet feature, but if not, any  Cisco releases mention ISR4K is not supporting the feature? or lower IOS version possible to support ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card